10.22.2011

Identify...Identity.

My good friend and writer, Anica, recently posted an inspiring blog identifying herself.  As an avid barefoot runner, it made sense for her to purchase the Road ID, a band that runners wear around their wrist while running identifying themselves should anything bad happen to them during a run.

Being the creative writer that she is, Anica was moved to write a blog post identifying herself in life.  Of course, I love anything like that with quotes and thought-provoking material...so I clicked "like" on Facebook when she posted the link.

With that, the challenge was issued: "Amelia Tritico -- how do you ID yourself?"  I love a good writing prompt...so here goes nothing!

I'm a Barista, a writer, a publicist, a musician, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a student...

I love love.  I fail at it daily, but I want to live my life with as much love as possible.  I want to love and be loved.  If I'm doing a poor job at loving you...tell me, I'll do everything I can to fix it.

I'm addicted to traveling.  Short distance, long distance, you name it, I'll do it.  I love going places, meeting new people and having adventures.

Sunshine puts me in the greatest of moods, but I love a good thunderstorm.

Music fuels me.

I'm incredibly indecisive, but tend to make split-second decisions when I get frustrated with making a decision.  It keeps things interesting. :-)

I love making friends.

I love my family.  I've moved a lot, but through it all, I had the support of my incredible, loving parents and the friendship and fun of my amazing brother.

I am a Christian...I try to be more spiritual than religious, and I can't deny my love for my Creator and His love for me.  I love how He loves me.

I have the best friends on the planet.  Seriously...if you're my friend, you're amazing.  If you're not my friend, we'll probably be friends soon because I love making friends!  :-)

I just want to be happy in life.  I have no clue what I'm doing, but as long as I'm happy, I don't care.

I'm still learning things about myself that I didn't know.  I've learned more about myself in the past 2 years since graduating college than in the 4.5 years during college.

I believe it's important to know who you are, what you stand for and what moves you.

You can't expect others to understand you if you don't understand yourself.

Thank you for the challenge, Anica!  I pass this challenge along to all my readers.  Make a list of the things that you feel identify you.

Know who you are...inside and out.

Love and peace,

Amelia

P.S.  Yay, pumpkin carving!!!  :-)









No comments:

Post a Comment