10.01.2011

Abundant Sunshine.

The forecast today called for "abundant sunshine."

I concur. 


Note the beginnings of the leaves changing on the left hand side.  (Yes, I take pictures while I'm driving, and I know it's dangerous, but when I see beauty...I want to capture it.)  The leaves are changing, the sky is blue and the clouds are a perfect, puffy white accentuated by abundant sunshine.

I love where I live, I love the new friends I'm making and I love who I live with.


I feel abundant sunshine everywhere.

Sometimes I wonder, if I never tried to make a plan...if I just let everything go and allowed life to happen, would I get to experience this sunshine all the time?  Do I try to manipulate the course of my life too much?

I took a drive up Lookout Mountain today to encounter the abundant sunshine the forecast called for.  I just drove.  I took roads I'd never been on not knowing where they would lead.  I was probably lost, but I didn't care.

Eventually I wasn't.

I love my life.  I really and truly love it.  No, it's not always perfect.  Some days are better than others.  All in all, though, I love it.  I'm becoming a person I like.  I'm the same, but different.  In four months, I'll be 25 years old, and though to some people, I'm not where I should be, I feel like I'm exactly where I need to be.

"I want to keep walking away from the person I was a moment ago, because a mind was made to figure things out, not to read the same page recurrently."
-Donald Miller, Blue Like Jazz

Peace and love,

Amelia

P.S.  It's candy season!!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment