6.20.2011

A Suitcase and a Job.

It's been a crazy month...my apologies for neglecting Carpe amorem.

I watched a few of my best friends graduate from TTU and bid farewell to my wonderful community in Cookeville as it was.

I resigned as a tutor for Migrant Education in Tennessee, a bittersweet feeling. It was heartbreaking to say good-bye to those kids. I'll never forget how excited they were to see me every week and how sad they were when I told them I wouldn't be coming back.

I received a phone call for a second interview at a neat little coffee shop called Rembrandt's in the Bluffview Art District in Chattanooga and was asked to come for orientation the next day. I started working the day after that...with only one suitcase of clothing. So, I moved to Chattanooga with one suitcase and a job.

Four days later, I headed to Edisto Beach, S.C. for family vacation. A peaceful little beach town catered to families and those in search of a few days of experiencing life a little slower than usual, it was definitely soothing to my soul and a much needed reprieve from the hectic life I've been leading.


We also went to Charleston, S.C. for a couple of days to do some sightseeing. Such a beautiful coastal city!


I love the plantation homes and history that the South has to offer, and I love being Southern.
:-)


It's been craziness. I don't think I've ever been pulled in so many directions with so many things to think about and so many details needing my attention. I think the craziest part, though, is that I'm okay with it. For those of you who know me best, you know that I'm prone to brief, freak-out moments whenever change starts coming...well, things are changing, and I'm not freaking.

I feel strangely at peace with everything going down in my life right now.

I'm officially living in Chattanooga.

I have a job, and my suitcase is unpacked...plus a few more.

Life is good.

Love and peace,

Amelia

P.S. I love Snow Cones. The ice cream truck traveling around Edisto Beach sold these. :-)



2 comments:

  1. I want a snow cone, and I want to see you :)
    You're pretty fricking amazing, if I do say so, and you will impress your grandchildren with the one suitcase story! Never look back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to tell if that is you or your mom in that picture. You guys really look alike.

    ReplyDelete