12.22.2010

I missed Blogspot.

After trying tumblr for about 6 months, I have sincerely missed blogging on blogspot. Though tumblr has it's neat trinket-like operations...I've missed the simplicity of just a blog. If I need to post a video, I'll use tumblr, but for writing...I think I'll stick to blogspot.

For my inaugural post on this new blog, it's time to share some exciting news.........

I NO LONGER WORK AT SUNTRUST! YAY!!!

Y'all...God is good! Sometimes I hesitate to speak about my faith for fear of alienating those who don't believe in the same things I do, but I can't contain my praises for my God at the moment. During the past 3 months, God has really shown me that whether or not I believe in Him, He's there, and all it takes is a little faith to make magic happen. Though I was extremely thankful to have a well-paying, steady job, the honest truth is that the day-in, day-out activities of a call center were sucking the life out of me.

The reason I'm singing praises to God:
I already have a new job! I'm going to be working for a non-profit organization through the state of Tennessee tutoring Migrant Workers' children in English/Spanish. I am so, so, so excited to do a job that
A. uses my degree
B. is emotionally fulfilling
C. is one in which I won't be sitting in a chair for 8 hours everyday.

My last day at SunTrust is Friday, Christmas Eve, so...Merry Christmas to me! I feel like a new person, like the weight of the world has left my shoulders, and I'm looking forward to the new year.

Christmas festivities around the Tritico household have commenced with a wonderful story-telling session from my Dad and a laugh at the end when my brother, Frank, said, "Who writes the script for your life?" (He then proceeded to feed the dog, Chaco, peanut butter. Watching dogs eat peanut butter is HILarious.)

I love my family. I love my life. I love my God.

Peace and love,
Amelia


1 comment:

  1. AMELIA that job sounds amazing!!!! I want to work with you jaja. I'm so happy that you are happy, and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!
    -Elena

    ReplyDelete